[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #1059: Mark drawFeature(..) as stable

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:31:12 EST 2007

Hi,

On Nov 21, 2007 9:31 PM, OpenLayers <trac at openlayers.org> wrote:
>  (In [5244]) Mark drawFeature as stable (Closes #1059)

I would reconsider that, especially since no one has obviously taken
notice of my posting a few days ago
(http://www.nabble.com/Features,-Styling-and-Rendering-t4823880.html).

After some discussion with Tim, I tried to figure out a way on how to
work with kml style maps in the future. I came up with the idea that
drawFeature have a style as second parameter, but a renderIntent,
which would be the key of a style map. In the above posting I also
discribed the advantages of this approach.

By marking drawFeature as stable, you are taking away the opportunity
to get this done prior to 3.0.

Regards,
Andreas.