[OpenLayers-Dev] Know of any offline datasets compatible with OpenLayers?

Ian Mayo ian at planetmayo.com
Thu Nov 22 15:36:40 EST 2007

Hi all,
I'm trying to put together an OpenLayers distribution that will run
from without an internet connection.  I'm really pleased with the
soon-to-be-released cached worldwind layer, but am interested in
vectored data such as coastlines and country outlines.  I've looked &
looked, but can't find anything in the OpenLayers functionality
specifically gives me what I'm looking for, but there are the Vectored
layers.

So, can anybody point me to datasets representing world coastlines or
country outlines that are recorded in one of OpenLayers vector file
dataset?

Such a dataset could also prove useful in the OpenLayers distribution
- since it can give a user a working GIS in the absence of continuous
internet access.

thanks in advance,
Ian.

--