[OpenLayers-Dev] load events

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:44:08 EST 2007

Hi,

On Nov 29, 2007 6:45 AM, Eric Lemoine <eric.c2c at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 10:00 PM, Andreas Hocevar <andreas.hocevar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear trunk committers, maybe you want to consider reviewing it, now
> > that also others are having a need for that? We also depend on this
> > issue in Mapbuilder (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAP-155).
>
> Currently we have OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError to deal with tile
> image loading errors ? Does your patch play well with this existing
> mechanism? (haven't looked at it yet)

The patch does not interfere with this mechanism. onImageLoadError
handles the error (eg. make the tile pink). My patch registers another
listener for the loading error (parallel to onImageLoadError), and
this listener triggers the onload() function, which will set the
status of the tile to loaded and fire the loadend event.

Regards,
Andreas.