[OpenLayers-Dev] Design for scale-line

Ian Mayo ian at planetmayo.com
Fri Oct 5 10:22:50 EDT 2007

Hi all, I have a working demonstrator at:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/ianmayo/openlayers/examples/controls.html

At the top-right of the plot you'll see the current scale represented
as a bar.  As far as I can see, the implementation seems sound - I
just have to polish off the unit tests (the earlier tests were more
associated with me learning how the scaling works).

Aaah, and yes, please break it & report as appropriate.  I'd also
appreciate hearing what configurable options people may want.
Currently we have m/km on the top and ft/mi on the bottom - switching
between the correct set to use depending on how far we've zoomed in.
Does anybody want to be able to configure to use other units?

Ian.