[OpenLayers-Dev] RFC: Resolution to only change License with Unanimous Vote

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Oct 9 13:02:08 EDT 2007

The PSC voting rules currently state:

"A proposal will be accepted if it receives +2 (including the proposer)
and no vetos (-1)." -- http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SteeringCommittee

For some large changes, this seems insufficent. In the past, I don't
think we've ever made a single decision where unanimous voting *was not*
available, but for some things, we should make it spelled out that these
things can not be changed without a more complete vote.

Specifically, this proposal is to change the Steering Committee voting
rules such that no license changes can be enacted in the project without
unanimous support for the change.

(Hopefully, this won't really be relevant, becasue we shouldn't be
changing the license again, but it's probably 'better to be safe than
sorry'.)

I'm +1 on altering the wording of the Steering Committee voting rules to
state that any licensing changes require a unanimous vote from Steering
Committee members.