[OpenLayers-Dev] Changing the license: Implementation

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Oct 12 09:53:36 EDT 2007

>From http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/RFC/LicenseChange :
 * SVN Repository rearrangement as discussed in
   [http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2007-September/002823.html
   users post from september]
 * Remove repository-license entirely, instead having only license.txt
 * Change all code comments to refer to
   http://svn.openlayers.org/license.txt only
 * Modify pre-amble text to license.txt to read:

"""
This license applies to all code and content in the 'branches', 'trunk',
and 'project' directories of the Openlayers code repository at
svn.openlayers.org, and applies to all releases of OpenLayers later than
2.5. Releases before OpenLayers 2.5 were released under the BSD license,
included with the distribution.
"""

There is no plan to attempt to retroactively apply the new license to
old releases.

Does that sound right? Does anyone have a problem with me modifying SVN
to reflect this? I'll probably do it later today/this weekend unless I
hear otherwise, since I think we all agree on the general
implementation.