[OpenLayers-Dev] google/ve panning issue

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Oct 12 11:59:16 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 10:10:40AM -0500, John Cole wrote:
> Playing around with the 2.5 examples, I noticed that when panning on the
> google or ve examples, the base layer goes white if you pan more than aprox
> 30% of the image quickly.

> SafariWin.

You got this to *not* happen in 2.4? I'm amazed -- this has always been
a problem as far as I'm aware. See:

http://gmaps.eactive.org/testmove.html
http://groups.google.co.in/group/Google-Maps-API/browse_thread/thread/3cab18706cb51efd

which address this issue as far as Google Maps is concerned.

VE suffers a number of different problems, that have a similar effect --
some of which are improved by the changes proposed in
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1053 but which have not yet been
codified into a patch.

Can you share exactly what you're doing to make it work in 2.4?