[OpenLayers-Dev] Servers down

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 15:52:26 EDT 2007

Chris,
This brings up another point, reliability of OpenLayers servers.
The OpenLayers tutorials encourage users to point to the Openlayers.js
from Metacarta. This means that users are now dependent upon Metacarta's
service reliability.

I don't want to start an argument as to whether it is a good idea or not
to depend upon an organisation you don't control for your service.
However, I think it would be good for Metacarta to publish its service
uptime policy. Maybe run this email past your lawyers and I bet they
come back with a requirement for a disclaimer.

--
Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au