[OpenLayers-Dev] Auto-refresh layers

Daisuke YOSHIDA daiy115 at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Sep 5 01:44:38 EDT 2007

I would like to have auto-refresh layer function.
And I tried webcam.html which is in the examples directory under
OpenLayers-2.4.

It blinks when its function works but the layer does not be redraw.

  <head>
        p {
            width: 512px;
        }
        #map {
            width: 640px;
            height: 480px;
            border: 1px solid gray;
        }
    <script src="../lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        <!--
        var map;
        function init(){
            map = new OpenLayers.Map('map',
                {maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(0, 0, 640, 480)});

            var options = {maxResolution: 'auto', numZoomLevels: 3};

            var webcam = new OpenLayers.Layer.Image(
                                'OL Webcam',
                                'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test.jpg',
                                new OpenLayers.Bounds(0, 0, 640, 480),
                                new OpenLayers.Size(640, 480),
                                options);

            map.addLayers([webcam]);
            map.zoomToMaxExtent();
            window.setInterval(refresh, 1000, webcam);
        }
        function refresh(layer) {
            layer.moveTo(layer.map.getExtent(), true);
        }
        // -->
    </script>
  </head>