[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers.Format.KML.write()

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Sep 5 08:54:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 02:40:12PM +0200, Damien Corpataux wrote:
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 12:27:09PM +0200, Damien Corpataux wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Christopher,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the stub! It got me into writing the tests (very quick).
> >> Everything's fine on ff2, but a problem occurs on IE7 (only when running
> >> the tests, not on using the component within OL).
> >>
> >> I put all the information and patch into the ticket, which I now wonder
> >> whether it's a good idea, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/927#comment:5
> >>
> >> Anybody might have ran into a similar problem with test.anotherway?
> >>

> > Interesting. I'll see if I can figure out why: The GML tests should be
> > using something similar, and they don't have any problems I'm aware of.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> Unfortunately, test_GML.html doesn't test GML.write() and GML and is not
> yet using XML class methods for Doc manipulation... I wish I could help
> a little further, but I think my knowledge of Test.AnotherWay is too
> limited to rapidly make out what's going on... :\
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/tests/Format/test_GML.html
> http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Format/GML.js

Right, sorry: the GML tests I was talking about haven't made it back to
trunk yet, they're still at:
http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/xml/tests/Format/test_GML.html

It's possible we're still missing something in the XML format though, so
I'll take a look at it: thanks for the tests you've got so far! :) Sorry
something seems to be more complex than it otherwise should be.