[OpenLayers-Dev] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G CodeSprint are you ready?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 18 12:52:26 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 11:54:40AM -0400, Mike Adair wrote:
> How about:
> - add support for MapGuide OS layer type; this code is essentially ready
> to go, I just need to create a ticket and a patch.

Adding things like new layers is grunt work that is probably best done
outside the confrence setting if the code is largely complete: Unless
I'm mistaken, there are (for example) no tests for the code. Things like
that are really easy for a single person to review outside the
conference setting, where things which require multiple people are
harder to hack through.

> - add support forr coordinate trasnformations as described previously

This is a much better target, and I'm in favor of it. I think that it
may make sense to try and hack out some preemptive plans during
something like the webmap BOF, as well.