[OpenLayers-Dev] Tiled WFS layer

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:10:29 EDT 2007

On 9/25/07, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Martijn,
> I don't have any fixes, but am interested to hear that you are using WFS
> code with Openstreetmap. Does this mean that OSM now has a WFS interface?
> Is it a query only interface, or is there transactional support as well?

Looking at "WFS" in wikipedia it appears to refer to returning GML.
I've just copied some code from the Textfile layer for what the server
produces, since as far as I can tell, GML has no way of specifying an
icon.

Also, the layer I've got works with Markers, not Vectors, since again,
only Markers support icons, which I want.

You also suggest that a WFS interface can take updates. I'm not
intending this at any point.

Have a nice day,