[OpenLayers-Dev] pgRouting + OpenLayers

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Sep 27 01:34:42 EDT 2007

Erik,

since we can publicly show it now, I can send it on the list.  The
site is:

http://sandbox01.dmsolutions.ca/mapmobility/

This has a couple of unique features in how we are using OpenLayers.
The map tiles are taken directly from TIFF files produced for printed
maps and cut up using a GDAL shell script into a TMS directory
structure.  At the two largest resolutions (most zoomed in), the
printed maps are rotated from true north by varying amounts depending
on location.  So we use a pixel coordinate system for every
resolution and 'reproject' real world coordinates into pixel space
including a potential rotation at some resolutions.  I had to do an
interesting hack to baseLayer handling to make the transition from
one rotation to another work nicely, which I would be interested in
talking to someone about at some point :)  We also 'reproject' all
the point and route stuff on the fly as the rotation changes - what a
pain :)

Cheers

Paul