[OpenLayers-Dev] #1492: Move rule subclasses to filter subclasses

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Apr 7 02:12:41 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 05:47:54AM -0000, OpenLayers wrote:
> #1492: Move rule subclasses to filter subclasses
> Comment (by crschmidt):

>  Overall:
>  I have just spent three hours attempting to review this patch, so I'll
>  admit that I'm likely a little wired, but I don't see anything in this
>  patch that would cause me to reject it. Calling a Rule an elseFilter (and
>  having it be unrelated to filters) seems weird to me, but I'm willing to
>  accept that that is just the 'way things are'.
>
>  The "FeatureId" change mentioned above for Format/SLD seems odd, but I
>  can't see a reason why it would need to be there.
>
>  In an effort to get 2.6RC2 out, I'm willing to accept this into trunk if
>  Andreas also gives it a pass. Andreas, this is the only significant
>  blocker for 2.6: Please review as soon as you are able.
>
>  I have confirmed that all tests continue to pass in FF3, Safari3, and I
>  see no code that indicates that there would be any change in testing
>  status for IE browsers.

Andreas, if you're not going to get a chance to review this tomorrow,
please let me know so that I can do what I can to see if I can get
another pair of eyes on it: I don't feel comfortable with just mine. I
have gone through all the examples, including rewriting my choropleth
maps using the new Filters instead, and had no problems that are worth
holding off committing.

(I did not expect my evening to include reading not only SLD XML but
also parts of the SLD spec, plus the entire SLD format, and all the rule
and filter classes...)