[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers performance

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Mon Apr 7 18:01:12 EDT 2008

* On  7-Apr-2008 at 12:35PM PDT, tomas.novotny at tmapy.cz said:
> But if I try to solve that panning problem I would do so significant
> change that I would be really worried about the rest of the code.
> I'm open for discussion about such possible change with OL core
> developers but I don't have capacity to do it on my own.

Tomas, we're open to considering any proposal that significantly improves the
usability or performance of OpenLayers. Of course, our main concerns
would be functional elegance, code readability, and the ability to
maintain backwards compatibility with the existing version 2 API.

I for one would welcome a specific proposal for review, if you feel
the issue is that pressing. Thanks for your interest, of course.

SDE