[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers performance

tomas.novotny at tmapy.cz tomas.novotny at tmapy.cz
Wed Apr 9 15:30:37 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

I've made something similar today. I've modified panMap() and panMapDone()
methods in Control/DragPan.js for only moving layerContainer by CSS until
the end of drag. Result is what I needed - smooth panning. I will look
further in the code tomorrow to see what it means for rest of OL and will
play with it more. (One of the problem is not-loading tiles of Grid layer
before drag end - but it can still be technically achieved without massive
center calculations on every move).
At the same time I'm curious about your solution Tim. Can you send me or
give me URL to your pieces of code? I can send you mine if you want, maybe
I will put it to some public web.

Tomas