[OpenLayers-Dev] Patch for a ka-Map cached layer

Pedro Simonetti pedrosimonetti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 22:05:09 EDT 2008

pagameba wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> sounds like you are making good progress :)  You should be able to log
> in at http://trac.openlayers.org/ by following the instructions in the
> grey box at the top left of that page and then you can create tickets.
>

> On 10-Apr-08, at 9:24 PM, Pedro Simonetti wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> The other change was related to the directory structure of the
>> cache. There
>> was
>> a slighly difference between the directory generated by
>> "precache2.php", and
>> the
>> one generated by "tile.php", the code already in use at OL.
>>
>> precache2.php:
>> var/cache/World/50000/Group_Name/def/t-440320/l20480
>>
>> tile.php:
>> var/cache/World/50000/Group_Name/def/t-440320l20480
>>
>> I don't know why this was changed, and I would like to hear some
>> opinions.
>> What's the best structure? Or both has the same performance? I mean, I
>> suppose
>> the second one would generate more folders inside the "def" folder for
>> smaller
>> scales like the street level scale. But since I'm not a hardware
>> guru, I'm
>> asking here in the list. This can somehow affect the hard disk
>> performance
>> or
>> something related?
>
> You are exactly right, this was changed at one point to add an extra
> level of directory structure depth in an attempt to avoid file system
> limitations on the number of entries in a single directory.

Hey Paul,

Thanks for your response.

Just to make it clear, so the structure [1] is the best one (one more
directory level)?

[1] var/cache/World/50000/Group_Name/def/t-440320/l20480
[2] var/cache/World/50000/Group_Name/def/t-440320l20480

If so, I'll have to make this little modifications in the patches/files I've
sended here, and in the earlier post. But this is easy, just confirm if the
first one is the best.

regards,

Pedro.