[OpenLayers-Dev] FOSS4G2008

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 02:20:29 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)
<bartvde at osgis.nl> wrote:
> Following up on this, since the deadline for workshop registration is
>  coming close.
>
>  Who will take the lead in submitting a proposal to the conference
>  website? I would be willing to do this, if the people attending for sure
>  will write their affiliation and a short bio in an e-mail.
>
>  Also, what will be the focus of the workshop:
>  -the internals of OpenLayers (so a technical/developer perspective)
>  -the examples of OpenLayers useage (so a more practical, user-oriented
>  perspective)
>  -or both?
>
>  Was there an OL workshop in 2006 or 2007 for which we can use the
>  proposal details? Or do we have to start from scratch?

Hi Bart,

It looks like I'll be at FOSS4G 2008. And I plan to submit a MapFish
workshop proposal. I haven't thought about that workshop yet but it
will most probably be an "how to use MapFish" workshop, so not much
about of MapFish internals. MapFish being based on and making use of
OpenLayers, I cannot avoid talking about usage of OpenLayers. With
that in mind, and considering that lots of people now know how to use
OpenLayers, wouldn't it be interesting and useful to have a OpenLayers
internals workshop?

Thanks,
--
Eric