[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.7 ticket list

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Apr 27 01:55:19 EDT 2008

The 2.7 ticket list is a mess. I'd like to put some effort into cleaning
it up, but to be honest, it's a bit of a big job for me alone.

http://trac.openlayers.org/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=type&milestone=2.7+Release

We have 105 tickets in this release.

Although some metadata is wrong:
 * 38 are bugs
 * 57 are features
 * 10 are tasks

Some of these have active work being done on them. Some of them just
need a thorough review. Some of them are probably not being actively
worked on, or are just an idea.

I think that if there is a ticket here that you consider yourself
'owner' of -- for example, if you reported it -- and you are no longer
actively working on this ticket, that you move it to a different
milestone than the 2.7 milestone. There is one for 2.8 -- if you're not
currently working on it, but you still intend to at some near-future
point, that might be a good place to put it. If you don't intend to get
back to it, but you're still interested in the functionality, please
feel free to toss it to the "Future" milestone. Note that this is all
just my opinion, since we don't have any strong rules on this... would
love to hear others opinions.

I don't think we have any specific plans for 2.7 at this point, but I'd
personally like to keep our releases a bit more release-early
release-often than 2.6 ended up being, and the current 100+ tickets that
are open is just a bit overwhelming for me...

Looking forward to hearing/seeing more discussion.