[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.7 ticket list

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Apr 27 20:29:58 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:48:39AM -0300, Pedro Simonetti Garcia wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> I'm new to OL community, so I don't know all the internal
> proceedings / rules to report bugs, write tickets, and so on.
> So, forgive me if I skip some steps.
>
> I wrote the tickets #327 e #1519 of this list.
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/327

Right, I need to respond to this one, as the de facto maintainer of the
ka-Map integration with OpenLayers. What it comes down to, breifly, is
that I believe the fixes you have described should be happening
upstream, with the ka-Map project, and that instead of having tile.php
in the OpenLayers examples, we should simply remove it totally.
Similarly, 1518 below: the precache.php.txt file does not belong in
OpenLayers, but I don't see anything particularly wrong with the
KaMapCache layer, if you're interested in it.

> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1519

This is simple, and I just haven't learned enough about translations to
test them yet, so I haven't done anything with it. It looksfine in
general.

> I also wrote a comment on issue #1108, which is related to
> the #864 that is flagged to 2.7 milestone.
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1108
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/864
>
> I'm also the author of the #1518, which is related to the #1519:
>
> And I wish to help with this issues, but I'm not sure
> exactly how to proceed. I reported those tickets using a
> anonymous username/pass. Should I create a account
> and post a comment in those tickets to make easier future
> discussions about them?

That would be good, yeah.

Your patches, in general, look fine, and I'm glad to know you're still
aware of them and looking to push them forward. So long as that's the
case, there's no problem leaving them in the current milestone. I'm
mosty looking to push a lot of things that people have opened and
forgotten about forward, if there is no active work on them.

Any further comments on your tickets, I'll do through trac/seperate
maisl to the list: thanks for the summary, and the hard work!