[OpenLayers-Dev] Display mutiple instances of open layers on one screen

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Apr 30 03:31:08 EDT 2008

In message <1bcf9b2c0804291935m7290d833u85e9c14cbe7f1f08 at mail.gmail.com>
        Darko Radiceski <radiceski at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 6 different sections (like different div sections or panes) on the
> same page displaying data from 6 different WMS services.
>
> What i would like to achieve is when i zoom in or pan on one of the displays
> all of the other ones to zoom in or pan. They pretty much present the same
> data but displayed differently.
>
> Is that possible to do?

A bit like http://maps.compton.nu/compare.html you mean?

It's not trivial, and as you might notice there are still a few
glitches in my implementation... The code that does it is the
linkMaps() function in http://maps.compton.nu/map.js which is
called to link two OpenLayers.Map objects together.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/