[OpenLayers-Dev] vector labels - almost there!

Mark Nine mbailen at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 20 14:27:55 EDT 2008

I dug a little more into this problem.  The line that is erroring out is in
this file:

http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/camptocamp/text/lib/OpenLayers/Renderer/VML.js

in the method drawText():

    span.innerHTML = style.label;
    textbox.appendChild(span);

The error occurs on the appendChild.  Seems this is a common problem with IE
when dynamically creating scripts or styles (or spans?) and using innerHTML.
Unsure how to fix it.  The documented fixes haven't worked for me.