[OpenLayers-Dev] square nodes not rendering.

Garthanos lancelot at inetnebr.com
Wed Dec 10 13:26:20 EST 2008

Moving this to the developers list, in part because its a bit obscure for
general
users to care about.
    Tim Schaub-3 wrote:
    Hey-

    Lance Dyas wrote:

    > I also want to customize the nodes (really just draw smaller squares
    > instead of circles for the nodes)

    See http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/measure.html

    You can use any well-known name for a point (where well-known is
    determined by the SLD spec).

    Note that setting the style for a sketch handler is harder than it
    should be - we should be using the temporary rendering intent of the
    target layer's style map (see http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1634).
    In the case of the measure control, there is no target layer - so you'd
    still need to set the style as shown in the above example.

    You'll have to adapt the code for your use case.

    ... [show rest of quote]

Thanks for the help I was able to implement this .. or atleast mostly
when the nodes are rectangles instead of circles however I seem
to have run in to a browser specific error..

To show the error draw a polygon it works as expected and the nodes
show up on compleation because it is selected and is active for editing
now erase it...
then draw a new one when it is finished it  should show the nodes again
.. well it works in Internet Explorer but so far as I have tested not
anywhere else.

http://www.geospatialgateway.com/boxerrordemo.php
http://www.geospatialgateway.com/circledemo.php

with circle nodes it works as expected in all environments.

 Should a bug be filled out or am I doing something wrong
or unexpected.