[OpenLayers-Dev] Tiled WFS layer (need feedback)

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Feb 12 07:24:20 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:10:04AM +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> - Adding internal/external projection support
>
> The script I was using on the server isn't really a WFS server so I
> needed to adjust the URL generation to reproject the bounding boxes
> based on the external projection. This is perhaps an orthoginal
> feature and should be submitted seperately.

Yeah; this is something I actually should have added a bit ago. If a
projection is set on the map, and there's a different projection set on
the layer, we should reproject the coordinates before requesting them
(to the projection of the layer) if possible. This makes sense to have
in 2.6 if we can get a sane patch quickly; I had forgotten to take this
into account with my earlier Layer projection work.