[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers Ajax in trunk

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:39:11 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> wrote:

> Eric Lemoine wrote:
>  > Hello
>  >
>  > I've just been reading over the Ajax.js code and have been surprised
>  > by the following code in OpenLayers.Ajax.request():
>  >
>  > if (this.method != 'get' && this.method != 'post') {
>  >     // simulate other verbs over post
>  >     params['_method'] = this.method;
>  >     this.method = 'post';
>  > }
>  >
>  > The OpenLayers Ajax code doesn't allow for other HTTP methods than GET and POST!
>  >
>  > Does it mean that current OpenLayers (trunk) cannot work with FeatureServer?
>  >
>  > Cheers,
>  > --
>  > Eric
>
>  Only via WFS, it seems. I'm interested in support for PUT and DELETE for
>  sure.

I'm also very interested.

> Is anybody currently relying on this feature of Ajax.js?

"Feature" ?? ;-)

FYI Tim Schaub has started working on new XHR support in OpenLayers.

<http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/request/>
<http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/request/lib/OpenLayers/Request.js>
<http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/request/lib/OpenLayers/Request/XMLHttpRequest.js>

That new code will support PUT and DELETE. Good Thing!

Cheers,
--
Eric