[OpenLayers-Dev] loading maps

Herbert Hackl herbert_hackl81 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:50:51 EST 2008

Hello,

i work on a project where I also have to implement the zoom and move function of a card (e.g. Austria) and need some help.

My card (austria) is devided into eight zoom levels. For each Zoomlevel I have tiles in a size of 512x5125 px. For example: When the zoom level is 100% Austria is devided into 2 rows and three columns that means that I have 6 tiles(a tile has the png format).

The tiles lies on the server with den following filestructure:
Ø       Layer 0/Row 0/…
Ø       Layer 0/Row 1/…

 ……..

In the file folder Row 0 are my tiles (png files); in this example by zoom 100% I have the files : file 0.png, file 1.png, file 2.png

My questions:
Ø       When I use openlayers to implement the card functionality (zoom, move) in which html file I have to change the source code to use my cards?
Ø       When I use a higher zoom, loads “openlayers” the needed tiles automatically? From where does “openlayers” know, which layers from which folder have to be loaded?

I hope anybody can help me…

Tank you very much.