[OpenLayers-Dev] SelectFeature conflicting with drag-to-zoom rectangle?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jan 21 08:45:35 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 06:30:29AM +0100, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2008 6:30 PM, John R. Frank <john.frank at metacarta.com> wrote:
> > In this example,
> >
> > http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/boxes-vector.html
> >
> > one can cause a zoom rectangle to freeze in place and not zoom by
> > attempting to release the zoom rectangle over one of the boxes.
> >
> > This problem goes away if the Control.SelectFeature is removed.
> >
> > This problem also happens in v2.5 (with toGeometry implemented
> > separately).
> >
> > Any advice on how to fix it?  The docs for SelectFeature 'hover' say that
> > it catches unhover events.  Is there something else to set for catching
> > unclick?
> >
> > I'm sure this can be fixed in trunk;  is there a work around for v2.5?
>
> I can't reproduce the problem on
> <http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/boxes-vector.html>. Is it
> because Chris has changed the example not to use "hover:true"?

Weird. I know I'm using the same browser and platform as John, and I
can't get it to happen either. I also tried setting hover: true, just
for yucks, and I can't get it to happen in that case either.

So, this is just another WORKSFORME. Ill watch over John's shoulder
today an see if I can see what's happening that I (and presumably Eric)
are doing wrong.