[OpenLayers-Dev] Zoom to GML-Layer after loading

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Jul 10 08:01:51 EDT 2008

Probably the extent of the layer defaults to the extent of the map, so
nothing happens. You can easily check this with Firebug.

I see 2 options:
1) you loop over alle the features in the layer and calculate the bounds
yourself
2) you look at my patch for ticket 1613
(http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1613) which also parses the boundedBy
element from a GML file (assuming your GML file has a boundedBy for the
whole feature collection).

Btw, please don't cross-post to users and dev if it is not really necessary.

Best regards,
Bart