[OpenLayers-Dev] moveend, zoomend, and dragend events

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 05:01:16 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Sorry to bother with such a discussion once more, but I still don't
feel happy with the way we handle map events.

If I'm correct, we are not really able to know that the map has only
been panned. What if we want to distinguish a zoom and a simple pan ?
We can't !

To fix that, here are 2 different proposals :
 - add a "panend" event, which would be triggered when the map is
finished panned,
 - trigger the "moveend" event with an object as argument with a
"zoomChanged" property (and mark the "zoomend" event as deprecated).

I'm personally in favor of the second one because it simplifies the
code by decreasing the number of different events.

In the meantime, I still don't understand how the drag* events can be
used. Do we still want to keep them into the doc ?

Any suggestions about this ?

Regards,
Pierre