[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers.Tile, abstract enough?

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:27:06 EDT 2008

Hello

For the grid strategy I needed a specialized tile class. What
logically came to mind was create a child class of OpenLayers.Tile,
namely OpenLayers.Tile.Vector. Looking at OpenLayers.Tile I discovered
that OpenLayers.Tile includes back-buffer code that my class wouldn't
need. For that reason, I implemented my vector tile class without
inheriting from OpenLayers.Tile, which isn't good as my tile class
does respect the tile interface. Shouldn't OpenLayers.Tile be as
abstract as possible? Shoulnd't the backbuffer code be moved to some
other place? What do you think?

Thanks,
--
Eric