[OpenLayers-Dev] Switching between base layers with different projection?

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Mon Jun 2 20:57:49 EDT 2008

Hi list,

For a client I'd like to provide a map with base layers in different
projections (and with overlays) that switches nicely between base
layers, recalculating the overlays.

crschmidt just told me on IRC [1][2] that it is probably not possible
with the current code in the trunk, since when switching base layers,
the map tries to keep the 'same' maxextent.

Edgemaster, apparently you've got it working in a sandbox. If so, could
you please tell a little bit more about it and point to a working
example? This might be a nice addition for trunk?

Thanks,

Roald

[1] http://crschmidt.net/irc/openlayers/log.cgi/2008-06-02#T23-46-35
[2] http://crschmidt.net/irc/openlayers/log.cgi/2008-06-03#T00-23-04

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/