[OpenLayers-Dev] Switching between base layers with different projection?

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:35:03 EDT 2008

Hi all,
Sorry for my late reply on this, but I've just finished my school
exams for this year, so have been a little short on time.
Yes, as noted in IRC, I have roughly got this working in a sandbox
(sandboxes/edgemaster/), it reprojects the centre point on layer
change and also any vector layers currently displayed.
As yet, there's no example in the sandbox itself but the code is
working on a few toys I've been developing outside the sandbox.

Over the next few weeks I'll read over all my changes and polish off
the rough edges. I'll also add an example to show what it does.
I also want to look and see if I can do anything with about
reprojecting WMS layers (which is outside of what I currently know
about)

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions,
regards,
Thomas Wood
(Edgemaster)

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Roald de Wit <roald.dewit at lisasoft.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> For a client I'd like to provide a map with base layers in different
> projections (and with overlays) that switches nicely between base
> layers, recalculating the overlays.
>
> crschmidt just told me on IRC [1][2] that it is probably not possible
> with the current code in the trunk, since when switching base layers,
> the map tries to keep the 'same' maxextent.
>
> Edgemaster, apparently you've got it working in a sandbox. If so, could
> you please tell a little bit more about it and point to a working
> example? This might be a nice addition for trunk?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roald
>
> [1] http://crschmidt.net/irc/openlayers/log.cgi/2008-06-02#T23-46-35
> [2] http://crschmidt.net/irc/openlayers/log.cgi/2008-06-03#T00-23-04
>
> --
> Roald de Wit
> Software Engineer
> roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
>
> Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
> http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/

Thomas Wood
(Edgemaster)