[OpenLayers-Dev] OL-Based GeoEditor

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Fri Jun 13 08:30:52 EDT 2008

For step 1) The Openlayers example "./examples/select-feature.html" shows how to select a vector feature.

For step 2-3, ,f you are using postgis server side, there was a thread recently on the PostGIS listserv that involved some code for splitting a polygon with a line.  I think this might work for you.  Since you already have the capability to draw new shapes you may wish to change steps 2-3 to:

2) draw a line

and then simply use the function from PostGIS to split your selected polygon.

The thread pertaining to this is here:

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2008-May/019892.html

Robert W. Burgholzer

Surface Water Modeler