[OpenLayers-Dev] uml class diagram of OL 2.6?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jun 27 01:30:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:07:33PM -0500, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> No plans at this point for a class diagram. Maybe when 3.0 starts
> happenning....
>
> If someone was interested in doing a diagram for 2.6 though I am sure it would
> be helpful for a lot of people

Not particularly pretty, but:

 http://crschmidt.net/~crschmidt/ol_graph.png

Is (mostly) generated by the code in openlayers/tools/oldot.py , fed to
graphviz.

Needs more work to be 'usable' -- I'm not sure why it doesn't create a
'more square' graphviz output -- but graphviz has lots of outputs (svg,
dia, pdf, png, jpg, etc. etc.) and does cool things.

The 'mostly' above is just poor code because it's 1:30AM: there's a
regex that is catching too much, and filenames with "-" in them break
it, but it's pretty close to usable.