[OpenLayers-Dev] Google Summer of Code 2008

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 15:07:28 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Tim Schaub <tschaub at openplans.org> wrote:
> Hey-
>

>  Eric Lemoine wrote:
>  > 2008/2/28 David William Bitner <david.bitner at gmail.com>:
>  >> Lorenzo,
>  >>
>  >> You write it up and I would be willing to be a sub-mentor for geoEXT.
>  >
>  > Tim Schaub and the MapFish team started discussion a while back on
>  > combining effort towards making GeoExt and MapFish a common,
>  > community-oriented project. With that in mind, I'd be happy to mentor
>  > a project that relates to that (still need to check with my boss).
>  > Does anyone know when the deadline is for proposing projects?
>
>  I put up a basic project description:
>  http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#ApplicationToolkit
>
>  Please edit as you see fit.  I look forward to working on this together
>  (with or without SOC).

Tim, thanks for putting this together. Your project description looks
good to me. I've started gathering concrete development ideas on the
MapFish wiki. See
<http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/wiki/DevelopmentIdeas>. The
ideas I have added up to now do not directly relate to your project
description for SoC since they don't involve Ext. Feel free to
register to the MapFish wiki and add your stuff to this page.

Thanks,
--
Eric