[OpenLayers-Dev] Openlayers 2.5 doesn't draw vectors correctly in firefox and opera??? but ok in Explorer !!!

Esteban olm esteban.olm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 19:04:40 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm sorry if my english is not very good :)
(In this example I have omitted code to simplify, but the important
code is here)

I have a problem. I use OpenLayers 2.5, and I have created a map with
Google Maps as base layer:

         var Opciones = {
             numZoomLevels: 18,
             controls: [
               new OpenLayers.Control.MouseDefaults()
             ],
             'numZoomLevels':this.ZOOM_MAX
          };
     // avoid pink tiles
     OpenLayers.IMAGE_RELOAD_ATTEMPTS = 3;
     OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadErrorColor = "transparent";
     var map = new OpenLayers.Map( Div ,Opciones);

I insert two more layers in the map: a marker layer and a vector layer.

   var MarkerLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Markers(NombreMarkerLayer);
   MarkerLayer.id = MIDLayer;
   map.addLayer(MarkerLayer);

   var VectorLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector(NombreVectorLayer);
   VectorLayer.id = IDLayer;
   map.addLayer(VectorLayer);

Now I insert two markers:

Sabadell, (Lat, Long)(41.548593, 2.10744)
Barcelona, (Lat, Long)(41.387917, 2.169919)

Now I create a polyline with two OpenLayer.Geometry.Point

(X,Y) (2.10744, 41.548593)  <- Sabadell city
(X,Y) (2.01044, 41.560953)  <- Barcelona city

// create a style for the polyline
ArrayPuntos <- Array with two OpenLayers.Geometry.Point
var normalStyle = OpenLayers.Util.extend(
   {},
   OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style["default"]
   );
   var Geometria = new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector(
      new OpenLayers.Geometry.LineString(ArrayPuntos),
      null, normalStyle);

When I insert a marker in the marker layers it is correctly situed in the map,
but when I insert a vector in the vector layer, ONLY IN EXPLORER is
drawn ok, in firefox and in opera the vector layer.

I have not where is the problem,
PLEASE HELP!!
Or is a reported bug??

Maybe I have to set any options in the map?? (EPSG?) I don't know, please help.
Thanks vey much

   Esteban