[OpenLayers-Dev] How to cancel layer loading?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 27 07:46:52 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:44:56PM +0100, Juan G wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> Is there a good-elegant way to cancel a layer while it´s loading? I ´ve
> searched from the source code and I saw there is a "loadcancel" event in the
> Layer class, but I couldn´t find where is triggered.
>
> I need a "cancel" button for stopping loading layers that are loading at
> that moment, hence I need to know that issue.

OpenLayers has no such functionality. It is likely *not* possible, since
browsers don't appear to have any kind of sane cancel/abort operation:
I've never  gotten a cancel call to actually stop the loading. However,
I haven't spent that much time on it: it might be possible, but
OpenLayers doesn't do it.