[OpenLayers-Dev] rules and filters. i'm confused

Dejung Gewissler dejung.gewissler at oit.state.nj.us
Mon May 19 18:14:08 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I've got the code snippet below working in 2.5 trunk. I think I remember
seeing some email traffic about pushing Rules.Comparison to
Filter.Comparison.... can't quite pin this one down.

Anyway my upgraded apps don't seem to work now and the "Advanced
Rule-based Styling" example in [1] seems just like what I've got below.
Is there a better place to look? Any advice would be helpful.

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Styles

var GML_style = new OpenLayers.Style();
var rulePopGreat = new OpenLayers.Rule.Comparison(
        {
            type: OpenLayers.Rule.Comparison.GREATER_THAN,
            property: "POP2000",
            value: "50000",
            symbolizer: {
                Polygon: {fillColor: "#FF0000", strokeColor: "gray"}
            }
        }
    );
GML_style.addRules([rulePopGreat]);
var myGML = new OpenLayers.Layer.GML("GML Vectors",
"GML_Municipality_Simplify.xml",
        {visibility:false, maxResolution:5000, minResolution:1,
            styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap({
                "default": GML_style})
        }
    );

My error is ---> OpenLayers.Rule.Comparison has no properties

Thanks!
-Dejung