[OpenLayers-Dev] Filter improvements

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Wed May 21 07:16:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

the recent brushup of Filter.context [1] and my attempts to make
styling rules geometry type aware [2], led me to an interesting
discussion with Andrea Aime of GeoServer, and I found out that the
current approach taken in [2] is not as good as it could be, because
it relys on experimental features of the SLD spec and would not be
compatible with other applications that use SLD.

So what I came up with is a solution based on Filter functions
(<ogc:Function>), and those would be a perfect replacement for
OL.Rule.context. For details please see [3].

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1548
[2] http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1531
[3] http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1531#comment:4

Before I start working on that, I would like to hear ideas of other
developers on that.

Regards,
Andreas.