[OpenLayers-Dev] Spending Sponsorship Money

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Nov 5 16:03:38 EST 2008

Hey-

John R. Frank wrote:
>>> The language in the sponsorship document that Chris put together [1]
>>> has been available for review/modification for a long time [2].
>>>
>>> John, you have the most specific ideas about changes that you would
>>> like to see - but have not touched (changed) the document [3].
>> Roger that.  Working on it now :-)
>

> http://trac.openlayers.org/changeset/8283
>

> Maybe this changeset is a more clear statement of what I have been trying
> to say.  If I am way off base here, hopefully someone can help me get back
> to Earth?

Thanks John.  I like it.

The thing I get most excited about is having dedicated time together
with solid developers pushing to make improvements to the library (i.e.
sprints).  Sprints are mentioned under sponsorship uses, but I wouldn't
personally be as excited to spend a sprint focussed solely on the items
listed under "Goals of Sponsorship".

Is it just me, or would others be interested in seeing something like:

4) Add new functionality and make improvements to existing functionality
provided by the library.

Tim

> jrf

Tim Schaub