[OpenLayers-Dev] Spending Sponsorship Money

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Thu Nov 6 06:09:30 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 05:57 -0500, John R. Frank wrote:
> 4) Make OpenLayers the most powerful web mapping toolkit available by
>     enhancing the library.
> Maybe I am goalizing too much :-)

I sort of feel like the superlatives make the goals seem a bit
grandiose, and distract somewhat from the key observation that
OpenLayers would benefit from sponsorship money to facilitate tasks that
people are not otherwise volunteering for.

I personally don't care whether OpenLayers is the most powerful or the
most widely used or the most purple or the most whatever; I *do* care
very much that OpenLayers is stable, well supported, and rich enough in
features to make building my application easy... and that's it.

SDE