[OpenLayers-Dev] Cluster strategy getResolution bug ?

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 02:52:45 EST 2008

Hi Alexandre

If you want your vector layer to be visible only for a subset of the
base layer's resolutions you should set maxResolution and/or
minResolution in your vector layer options.

If you pass an array of resolutions to the vector layer, you can end
up with vectorlayer.resolutions[i]  != baselayer.resolutions[i], where
i is any index of the vector layer's resolutions array.

And I think you are hitting the above case, which is making the
cluster strategy doesn't behave as you expect it to.

So I don't see anything wrong with the cluster strategy relying on
this.layer.getResolution.

I'd really like to hear what others think about that.

Cheers,

Eric