[OpenLayers-Dev] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] We now have an updated version of the OSGeo Logo

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sun Nov 9 16:06:34 EST 2008

Erik Uzureau wrote:
> new updated logo for OSGEO
>
> Does anyone else feel like we should maybe make some reference to OSGEO
> on our homepage? mutual back scratching, etc?

That's usually done as part of OSGeo incubation... I guess that's been
overlooked in OpenLayer's case:

 From http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OpenLayers_Incubation_Status

"""
Has an effort been made to brand the project web site with OSGeo
foundation web styling and branding marks?

Not yet, but we anticipate no problems or objections to this move.
"""

Actually, I see a "OpenLayers is becoming a project of the Open Source
Geospatial Foundation" mention at http://openlayers.org/ that probably
needs an update.

Daniel
--