[OpenLayers-Dev] bbox strategy and zooming

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Nov 11 13:48:59 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 07:36:22PM +0100, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> Yeah, we could add a new option to the bbox strategy. If its value is
> null the strategy behaves as currently. If it's non-null, the strategy
> fetchs new data on zoom in if the current number of features in the
> layer is equal or higher to the option value. Eric

I guess the only question then is whether the property should also be
used to construct a "Limit" filter that is passed to the protocol, or if
it is expected the information is passed directly during the creation of
the protocol (and therefore duplicated).

(I'm pretty sure there's no "Limit" filter in OGC-land, so this would be
an extension of that model.)