[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 3.0 Development

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Nov 24 13:44:21 EST 2008

Hey-

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 02:58:17PM +0100, Trond Michelsen wrote:
>>> It might. If so, so be it, as far as I'm concerned.
>> Wouldnt it be simpler to use OpenLayers3 as the base namespace instead?

Yeah, I see it as a lot of extra effort to have one library that can do
both 2 and 3.  It is easy to include extra scripts in a page.  And we
could easily keep 3 development in an OL3 namespace or something similar.

If there is someone who wants to make a release in the 2.x series that
allows people to try out 3.x stuff, then there would certainly be plenty
of work to keep them busy.  This is not necessarily something I am
personally interested in spending time on.

Tim

--
Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org