[OpenLayers-Dev] ExtJS+OpenLayers

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri Oct 10 20:18:56 EDT 2008

Hey-

We had a great time talking ExtJS + OpenLayers ideas with a number of
interested folks at FOSS4G.  Camptocamp and OpenGeo in particular are
interested in pulling together some common work immediately.

The Camptocamp guys can correct me if this is wrong, but here's the way
I see it:

1) We will have a trac environment set up to organize ourselves.  Look
for this at http://geoext.org.

2) We will have a common svn repository (perhaps svn.openge.org).

3) We will have mailing lists.  For now, this will be
geoext at lists.opengeo.org (I'll send out more detail later).

We're going to proceed somewhat slowly with the core - with coding style
and structure that mirrors the Ext style.  This means we'll first add
things like readers and stores in a data "module".  And perhaps we'll
put some stuff in a form "module".  We've got a number of widgets
floating around (layer tree, map panel).  These may or may not go in the
core at the start.

We want to put together a lot of demos and simple applications.  These
can live next to the core.  In the near term, the demo (or apps) portion
of the repo will see the most active development.  As we converge on
common and generic components in these apps, we can shift stuff into the
core.

Keep an eye out early next week for more detailed email.  I'm in the
middle of a weird 36hr world air-traverse and need a few days to get my
head straight.

Tim

--
Tim Schaub