[OpenLayers-Dev] Sponsorship Docs (+PSC Vote?)

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Oct 15 18:16:11 EDT 2008

With the full support of the PSC on board for the sponsorship project in
general, I've checked two sponsorship-related docs into SVN at
http://svn.openlayers.org/project/sponsorship/ :

 * sponsorship: HOWTO for sponsoring, what sponsors get, etc.
 * why: A cleanup/rewrite of my earlier email about why an organization
   would want to sponsor.

The files are ReST: HTML versions are available:

 http://crschmidt.net/~crschmidt/sponsorship/sponsoring.html
 http://crschmidt.net/~crschmidt/sponsorship/why.html

Suggestions (especially in the form of patches to the ReST, but also
just prose) are welcome, as are direct commits to the docs by trunk
committers.

My hope is that we can iterate on 'sponsorship' above until we get it to
the point where all PSC members are happy with it, then publish it on
the website and tell OSGeo that we're officially participating in the
project sponsorship program. (This will then get us listed on the
http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship/opportunities page.) The 'why' is a
secondary document; primarily intended to be used for internal marketing
to potential sponsors, but is just as important for that purpose: just
not needed (in my opinion) to get the PSC voting on sponsorship.

PSC members,

Please review the 'sponsorship' document above, and comment on
suggestions for improvements until you're happy with it being an
accurate reflection of OpenLayers goals for obtaining sponsors for the
project. If you're happy with it, a +1 would be great.

Looking forward to further feedback,