[OpenLayers-Dev] Entering OSGeo Project Sponsorship

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Fri Oct 17 09:15:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 07:22 -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> I have seen no cases I'm aware of where the PSC has completely ignored
> request, or even, generally speaking, acted against the will of the
> project, so at this time it seems likely there is a fair amount of
> trust in the PSC. Fixing that, if there is not, is an important part
> of
> the process for gaining sponsors.

I agree. I think we have a strong record of achieving consensus as per
the project bylaws. We might appoint a treasurer from within the PSC
just to be the go-to person for receiving and disbursing the funds
according to PSC direction, but I think that should be about it for
starters.

> Your tenure as PSC chair is a testament to your continued ability to
> hold the project together better than anyone else could, as far as I'm
> concerned, stretching from your ability to chat for hours on the phone
> about the various issues related to a release, to the ability to step up
> as release manager, to your consensus driven comunication style, which
> has worked out perfectly for the 'chairman of the board' position that
> you hold. Given my druthers, I personally wouldn't have it any other way
> if I had to start all over.

+1 on all counts!

SDE