[OpenLayers-Dev] Entering OSGeo Project Sponsorship

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:29:43 EDT 2008

Thanks again chris for this great response. Luckily, we were in the same
office when I sent my last mail, so this is more of a summary of what we
ended up discussing in person, which is great.
To summarize:

 * We should focus our efforts at this time on sponsors who "get it" ie who
understand the vibe that they are contributing to the project in general,
not necessarily buying some sort of political advantage. If it turns out
there are lots of the latter, we can formulate a plan B later. Fow now, we
direct them to the OSGeo partners page.

 * Spending
   * In the event that we *were* able to raise a significant amount of
money, we could look into finding/hiring a "maintainer", who would look
after general administrative affairs like helping to answer mails on the
lists, making sure tickets get created for bugs, etc.
   * If we are talking about smaller amounts of money, these can be invested
in making coding bunkers happen, as well as our first round of promotional
schwag: the OpenLayers s'mores torch.

 * We need to clean up and/or ammend the current PSC