[OpenLayers-Dev] Sponsorship Credits

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:55:30 EDT 2008

One issue that Chris and I talked about in person on friday was how to deal
with the sponsorship credits page.
In an earlier mail, chris sent this link to the GDAL project's sponsorship
page:

 http://gdal.org/credits.html

..which we both thought was a pretty reasonable, simple model we could
follow. This sort of thing has helped us to bootstrap things in the past.

In live discussion, chris and I managed to chisel it down to the following
breakdown:

 * Paying Sponsors: Top of page, in order of sponsorship, $500 and up get
logo and text. $500 and down get just text

 * Contributors: Individual/Company Name and link and brief description of
contributions to project. NO LOGO
   * Individual Contributors: Any individual contributor who has produced a
 significant feature in trunk.
   * Corporate Contributor: Any corporate contributor who has produced a
significant feature in trunk.

----

 * we distinguish between individual and corporate based on ICLA vs. CCLA

 * PSC votes on inclusion/removal/edit of all sponsor/contributor
information

Based on the above information, we are probably at the point where we could
start our own openlayers.org/credits.html page. Although we have no sponsors
currently, I believe we can get things going by filling out the contributors
section. I can get started on that when I'm back to mexico next week if no
one else is interested.

At any rate, please reply with thoughts/comments on this.

Erik